Dragonfly No 1000
We have been celebrating the production of Dragonfly no 1000. This is a huge milestone for our yard to reach.
Over the 55 years since Quorning Boats started back in 1967, we have built a total of:
- 3,000 hulls, with a total length of 27 kilometers.
- 13 kilometers of rigging. Laid end to end, this would reach from sea level out into the stratosphere.
- 54 kilometers of waterline.
- 3,200 wings/beams constructions.
- 120,000 square meters of sails, enough to cover 18 football pitches.
The image above shows the 2022 Dragonfly crew, with Dragonfly 25 no. 88, which has already left with its new owners.
We were honoured that the founder of Dragonfly, Børge Quorning was able to join us, shortly before he passed away in the end of March. To share this moment together with the team and the following two generations of Quorning family was a special moment. Børge is shown seated at the front, and to his left are his son Jens (owner and CEO) and grandson Peter.
We are so incredibly proud and honoured to have been able to build this many trimarans through 55 years of production. So thank you to everyone who has made this possible through the years – customers, current and previous co-workers, suppliers, etc.
Below you can see the first Dragonfly ever built, followed by our flagship and latest design in the Dragonfly range, the Dragonfly 40.
Let’s go for the next 1.000 Dragonflys!